How to Find the Best Digital Marketing Agency in Toronto
Apr 10, 2020 | 4 MINUTES TO READ
Choosing a digital marketing agency for your business can be overwhelming, given the many options available. However, with new marketing tactics popping up every day, it can be almost impossible for you to keep up with the latest trends or figure out the best ways to use the myriad of marketing platforms available today – making it necessary to hire a digital marketing agency. Additionally, maintaining an in-house marketing team is not only costly but also economically infeasible for most small and medium businesses.
If you are looking to work with a digital marketing agency in Toronto, particularly if it is your first time, it helps to first do your research. The following key pointers should help guide you on how to get the best digital marketing agency in Toronto that will understand your needs and satisfy your expectations.
What is a Digital Marketing Agency?
Digital marketing is a broad term that describes all kinds of activities that occur online to drive sales or promote a brand. A digital marketing agency is a company that brings together website design and copywriting, as well as new technology and modern marketing techniques for digital transformation. The result is an exceptionally creative mix of science, artistry, engineering and a determination to find solutions that guarantee survival, propel growth and materialize success in the rapidly changing online environment.
What are the Advantages of Working with a Digital Marketing Agency?
- Digital marketing agencies specialize in cost-effective solutions that focus on your target audience.
- Digital marketing agencies employ accountability and measurability metrics in client programs, which allows for ideas that work to get bigger investments.
- Digital marketing agencies offer multi-disciplinary approaches to different problems and provide solutions for the entire customer experience. This includes online shopping, sales and marketing, billing, subscription services and delivery. They embrace technical innovation, strategic thinking, brand building, and storytelling to deliver on client objectives.
How to Choose the Best Digital Marketing Agency in 7 Steps
There are hundreds, if not thousands of digital marketing agencies in Toronto and beyond, all offering similar digital marketing services. So, how do you tell which digital agency is the right fit for your business? Here is a 7-step process to help you.
1. Determine Your Company’s Marketing Needs
You cannot achieve what you want if you do not know what you want. To find the best digital marketing agency, you must first understand what it is you want to achieve and how much you are willing to pay for it. Once you’ve identified your needs as a company, be it to redesign your brand or increase your business’ online presence, you can now narrow down your options to those that are best suited to your needs.
2. Find an Agency That Can Demonstrate Expertise and Experience
To pick an agency that works for you, first assess the packages they are offering. Do they match what you wish to achieve? Does their marketing strategy match your objectives? If not, evaluate the next best option. Also, it is important to factor in the cost during this assessment – if it’s unjustifiably high, look elsewhere.
3. Do Your Background Research
Before you engage with any prospective agency further, establish if they can deliver on their promises. To do this, look at the results they’ve produced. If they cannot replicate their promises in their other client’s businesses, they may not deliver them in yours.
Recommendations from friends, family or a business network can also go a long way in finding the best digital marketing company. You can also ask your professional network on LinkedIn.
4. Request a Consultation
A consultation might be the best way to assess if you and the potential agency are on the same page. It will give you a chance to understand how the agency operates, their strategy, and ethos. This information is particularly important in evaluating if they can meet your needs, particularly if you intend to work with the agency for a long time.
5. If Possible, Meet with Agency Representatives in Person
If you are happy with the agency so far, it is time to hold a meeting – preferably face to face. This will give you a great chance to meet and interact with the team. You can also watch out for any personality clashes during this meeting, as that may hinder your success. It is also the perfect time to have all your case-specific questions answered, and any other issue ironed out before you get into a contract.
6. Ask the Right Questions
It is important to make sure you are asking the right questions. Some of the questions that will help you understand the potential new agency include:
- Ask the agency for a portfolio of previous projects for the services you are interested in.
- Ask how long they keep clients for on average. The longer, the better.
- Enquire as to what results the agency can promise you. Be wary of agencies that will promise you bottom of the funnel results as measurable results often take longer – particularly in a competitive market.
- Ask how the agency measures results and return on investment (ROI). The results should be clear and easy to understand.
7. Work with the Agency on Your Specific Solutions Blueprint
There is no one-size-fits-all solution in digital marketing. Therefore, seek to work out with the agency the specific ways in which they will employ their expertise and resources to meet your specific needs and objectives. Having a blueprint of what the agency intends to do, when, where and how as well as how the results will be measured will greatly increase transparency and your ability to keep track of progress.
What Are Digital Marketing Services?
WSI Comandix is a full-service digital marketing agency, which means we offer everything from SEO to conversion analysis. Some examples of the digital marketing services we offer include:
Helping you create a strong and credible presence online through captivating and engaging websites
Traffic and Visibility
Increasing your brand visibility & awareness online and helping you attract the right traffic that turns into high-quality leads
Conversion & Leads
Helping you future-proof your business and get the best return on your investment.
- Online Marketing Audits (Website Audits, SEO Audits, PPC Audits)
- Solutions Blueprint Creation
- Competitor Analysis & Competitive Research
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- Web Analytics
- Online Reputation Management
Contact WSI Comandix for Your Digital Marketing Needs
Are you looking for someone to handle all your daily online marketing activities or someone to help redesign your website? WSI Comandix can help. Our knowledge, experience and conversion-based approach to digital marketing make us your ideal choice for a digital marketing partner. We take our client’s success personally and are committed to seeing you succeed.
We can develop a custom digital sales strategy for your business that is bound to drive results. Do you have any questions about digital marketing? Do you want to learn more about our services? Contact us today to talk to our team.
Don't stop the learning now!
Here are some other blog posts you may be interested in.VIEW ALL BLOG POSTS