Why and When to Consider an eCommerce Website Redesign
Mar 11, 2021 | 4 MINUTES TO READ
Summary: A redesign for your eCommerce website can help boost sales and improve performance. Learn what signs indicate you should consider giving your online store an update.
Online stores offer incredible revenue potential for many businesses, but their performance depends on how well they are optimized. An eCommerce website redesign can help your business secure a better foothold in the market by attracting more leads, closing more sales, and improving your brand’s overall reputation.
Table of Contents
What Is the Purpose of an eCommerce Website Redesign?
Professional eCommerce web redesigns produce measurable changes in four key areas:
- Higher Overall Traffic. With more visitors coming to your website, you will have more chances to acquire new customers.
- Higher Conversion Rates. An attractive website and storefront will draw in more visitors and encourage them to make a purchase.
- More Leads and Sales. An eCommerce website redesign can optimize your shop to match your digital marketing strategies, pulling in more leads and closing more sales.
- Better Customer Retention. The experience of shopping on a top-tier website will inspire many of your customers to return to your shop and make additional purchases.
When Is It Time for a Redesign?
When you run an eCommerce website, it can be hard to decide on the right time for an update. Look for the following key indicators to know if it is time for you to take action and contact our agency for a web redesign.
- The Design Is Performing Poorly. If your eCommerce website’s bounce rate is too high and not delivering the ROI you expected, it is not serving its purpose. Regardless of the underlying causes, these red flags indicate that an immediate redesign is necessary for the long-term survival of your company’s online operations.
- The Design Is Loading Too Slowly. Long load times are often a significant contributor to high bounce rates. Even if your website is excellent in every other respect, over half of your visitors will leave if they have to wait more than two or three seconds for pages to load.
- The Design Does Not Match Your Target Audience. An eCommerce shop selling outdoor camping equipment should have a very different look and feel than one that is selling high-end perfumes. A website redesign can bring your shop, buyer personas, and business objectives together to create a harmonized eCommerce brand.
- The Design Is Outdated. Trends in eCommerce change quickly, and customers will notice if your shop is behind the times. A modern aesthetic is essential to grow and improve your online presence. Cutting-edge elements like 3-D product displays, customer service chatbots, and AI personalization can give your business an added advantage.
- The Design Is Not Mobile-Friendly. The way we browse the web is changing and mobile browsing is now more common than ever before. If your eCommerce website is not designed with mobile users in mind, you are losing out on many potential customers.
- The Design Is Not Optimized for Marketing. Digital marketing can do wonders for an eCommerce website, but only if the website’s design accommodates it. To maximize the effectiveness of your marketing, your site should have SEO-friendly copy and product descriptions, appealing photos that can be shared on social media, a clear and eye-catching way to run promotions, and much more.
- The Design Is Not User-Friendly. When prospective shoppers browse your eCommerce website, can they easily find information about where you ship your items and how much the shipping costs? What about your return policy? Is it easy to complete a purchase using one of several secure payment methods? Your leads expect a convenient shopping experience that matches what they have seen from leading eCommerce stores. Redesigning your website can bring it closer to those standards.
The Benefits of an eCommerce Website Redesign
Once you have decided to redesign your eCommerce website, you have a lot to look forward to, including:
- High ROI. An optimized website is necessary to create a functional digital marketing strategy. Your redesigned eCommerce website will serve as the end destination in your marketing funnel and ensure that many of the leads who visit are successfully converted into paying customers.
- Brand Consistency. A web redesign gives you the chance to ensure that all your branding elements, including your logo, slogan, company colour scheme, and more, match across your online and offline marketing materials.
- More Conversions. Presentation is critical in the retail business, and eCommerce is no different. Redesigning your eCommerce website to account for evolving tastes helps entice leads into making purchases, leading to a significant increase in conversions.
- Adaptability for New Browsers and Devices. The more you accommodate different ways to browse, the more leads you can attract and convert.
- Increased Consumer Trust. Investing in redesigning your eCommerce website shows customers that you understand the market you are operating in and are serious about meeting their needs.
- Control Over Your Content. Older websites were often built without any CMS integration, making them difficult to update. A redesigned website can incorporate this functionality from the start and give you an easy way to grow and maintain your website.
- A New Perspective on Business. Sometimes a new look helps to get you thinking about your business in a whole new way, prompting you to add new products and services or change your operating model.
- A Fresh Start. Redesigning your website recaptures some of the thrills of starting up your business for the first time. Leads will be eager to see what you have to offer, and you will be excited to show them.
Our eCommerce Website Redesign Services
WSI Comandix provides a variety of eCommerce website redesign services for businesses in Toronto and beyond. Here are some of the things we can do for your eCommerce business:
- eCommerce Website Design. An eye-catching and user-friendly design creates consumer trust and gives your eCommerce business the foundations for success. We combine unique visual aesthetics with thoughtfully planned layouts and navigation to create designs that drive measurable eCommerce results.
- eCommerce Website Development. Bringing a strong website design to life requires extensive technical knowledge and innovation. Our staff have mastered the top eCommerce tools, features, and platforms, and we will use them to create a fully functional eCommerce website that is easy to update and manage over time.
- Shopify eCommerce Development. Shopify is a leading eCommerce platform that offers easy access to key features like order tracking, sales and browsing statistics, chargeback functions, and much more. We can redesign your website using Shopify to provide you with the platform’s benefits, including integrated payment gateway and shipping options for a full-service solution.
- WooCommerce eCommerce Development. WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin with an easy-to-use interface, detailed analytics, and plenty of integration options to support vital business functions like email marketing and order tracking. Our WooCommerce website redesigns give your business access to these features without tying you to a single eCommerce platform.
- Website Integration. Your eCommerce website is just one part of your online selling ecosystem. We integrate your website with your CRM, ERP, order management software, accounting software, and more to give you access to all the functions you need.
- Support. Our involvement with your website does not end when its redesign is complete. We are available to answer your questions, address your problems, and provide additional digital marketing services as needed.
Ready to Redesign Your eCommerce Website?
A better eCommerce website is just a few clicks away. Contact WSI Comandix today for more information about our eCommerce website redesign services and learn how we can help you better promote your business and products online.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Does It Cost to Redesign an eCommerce Website?
The cost of redesigning an eCommerce website depends on several factors, such as:
- How Many Pages the Site Has. More pages require more work and testing, resulting in higher costs.
- The Look and Function You Want. A full-scale responsive redesign with updated graphics, text, and multimedia features will cost more than a few minor updates.
- The Company You Select. The best website redesign companies will often charge more for their services and expertise than their less experienced competitors.
- Where You Are Located. If you are running a business in a major city, you can expect to pay a little more for website redesign services than a rural company. This is typically due to the need for some services to be performed by local web experts who understand the intricacies of the city’s market.
What Are the Advantages of Having A Responsive eCommerce Website Design?
A responsive eCommerce website provides:
- An Optimal User Experience. Mobile and desktop users alike will be able to navigate and purchase from your site with ease.
- Higher Conversions. A good browsing experience will make visitors more likely to buy from your store.
- Lower Costs. Less ongoing work to update and add products means fewer web-related expenses in the future.
- Improved Visibility. Mobile-friendly websites rank higher in search engine results than desktop-centric ones, getting your business seen by more potential customers.
- Improved Brand Reputation. Investing in a responsive website demonstrates that you care about your customers and want to make their shopping experience enjoyable.
Where Can I Find an eCommerce Design Company in Toronto?
WSI Comandix is an experienced and award-winning digital marketing and website redesign agency based in Toronto. Over the years, we have helped countless eCommerce businesses thrive in the GTA’s competitive retail environment.
Don't stop the learning now!
Here are some other blog posts you may be interested in.VIEW ALL BLOG POSTS
Are you struggling to launch your online store or having trouble getting it to perform as you want it to? You might benefit from working with the experienced Shopify team at WSI Comandix. Shopify allows us to create theme-based eCommerce stores that offer improved functionality, reliability, and more features. It is no surprise that Shopify […]READ MORE
It can be a struggle to succeed in the cutthroat world of ecommerce. With so much competition to contend with, most ecommerce businesses have to work even harder than their brick-and-mortar counterparts to stand out, attract leads, and close sales. However, this challenge is not without its upsides. The ecommerce industry is competitive, in part, […]READ MORE
The experience of browsing an eCommerce website varies significantly depending on whether you are using a desktop or mobile device. A site that is attractive and user-friendly on a desktop could be borderline unusable when accessed from a smartphone. Mobile devices accounted for over 50% of worldwide website traffic in 2020, making this market too large […]READ MORE