How to Move Your eCommerce Store to Shopify
May 20, 2022 | 6 MINUTES TO READ
Summary: Shopify offers a wide variety of benefits that no other online shopping platform provides. Learn what makes them the best choice for your eCommerce needs.
Shopify is one of the leading eCommerce platforms that retailers use to sell products online. Sleek, sophisticated, and built to accommodate users of all skill levels, this solution offers a number of advantages that rival online selling solutions cannot match. Move your eCommerce store onto Shopify today with help from our team of Shopify experts.
Table Of Contents
|Why You Should Move Your eCommerce Business To Shopify
|Our Shopify Services
|Moving from Wix
|Moving from Amazon
|Moving from WooCommerce
|Moving from Squarespace
Why You Should Move Your eCommerce Business To Shopify
There are many reasons to consider moving your eCommerce business over to Shopify. If you do, you will enjoy:
- Multiple Payment Methods. The more ways your users can pay, the more likely they are to make a purchase. With a Shopify store, you can accept credit cards, PayPal, brand-specific payment systems like Facebook Pay, and even cryptocurrency. Checkout is quick and easy with Shopify Payments or any of the dozens of third-party payment systems the platform supports.
- Friction-Free Sales. Shopify is an all-in-one eCommerce solution that allows you to reach leads across multiple channels and make sales in both online and offline settings.
- Simplified Shipping. Shopify’s built-in shipping features make it extremely easy to coordinate shipping logistics. Your customers get access to pre-negotiated low shipping rates, and you can send their packages out at the touch of a button.
- Seamless Scaling. Shopify’s transparent fee structure and lack of additional charges for increased inventory, traffic, or bandwidth use make it ideal for fast-growing businesses. You can rest assured that the platform will continue to support your needs through even the most formidable growth periods.
Our Shopify Services
So how can you move your existing eCommerce store onto Shopify? The easiest way is to hire our Shopify experts at WSI Comandix. We offer Shopify services to suit every business’ needs, including:
- eCommerce Website Design. Set up a new Shopify-powered eCommerce store that can accommodate any amount of inventory and traffic.
- Website Integration. Seamlessly build your eCommerce shop into your existing website to create a smooth and continuous experience for users.
- Business Software Integration. Link your eCommerce store to your accounting software, CMS, ERP, marketing automation systems, and other key internal systems.
- Payment Gateway Integration. Accept any form of payment you like, including credit cards, PayPal, cryptocurrency, and more.
- Shipping Option Integration. Ship orders using a simple interface connected to any shipping service you choose.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Promote your online store by targeting high-volume search keywords for greater visibility.
Moving from Wix
Wix’s ecommerce services make it easy to set up a small, relatively basic shop in just a few hours. However, Shopify’s reliable and user-friendly interface makes it a superior option for business owners with more extensive needs. The platform includes a full range of versatile tools and apps to help you run your store with as little hassle as possible. From management to marketing, Shopify makes it easier to perform all key tasks involved in running your business.
Why Shopify over WIX?
- Increased Reliability. Shopify’s services are fully standardized, making them highly reliable and consistent.
- Greater Customizations and Flexibility. Build a Shopify store that looks and works exactly the way you want it to.
- More User-Friendly. Shopify’s premade toolset gives you immediate access to all key ecommerce functions without relying on a patchwork of third-party plugins.
Moving from Amazon
Amazon’s gargantuan audience is undeniably attractive for ecommerce businesses, but using this platform requires you to sacrifice a lot of control and independence. With Shopify, you can easily stock, sell, and ship your products while retaining full authority over your own brand.
Why Shopify over Amazon?
- More Control Over Your Brand. Represent your business and products your way and build a distinct reputation within your audience.
- Improved Customer Relationships. Sell directly to customers and handle their needs at your own discretion, building lasting relationships with your audience.
- More User-Friendly. With Shopify, you can run your ecommerce shop any way you like, allowing you to leave Amazon’s intricate and confining ecosystem behind.
- Better Value. Shopify’s flexible fee tiers offer more functionality than Amazon’s fee structure for equal or lower prices.
Moving From Etsy
Etsy is known as the best place to sell hand-crafted, one-of-a-kind items, but it is not the only platform you can use to do this. Shopify makes it easy to sell your wares with fewer transactional fees for high-volume businesses and greater control over your branding.
Why Shopify over Etsy?
- More Control Over Your Brand. List and market your products according to your business needs, not Etsy’s limited options.
- Better Value. Enjoy lower costs for high-volume businesses with many transactions.
- Greater Flexibility and Customization. Build your online store any way you want and alter its appearance and functionality at any time.
Moving from WooCommerce
WooCommerce’s easy integration through WordPress makes it popular with users whose eCommerce ventures began as an add-on to an existing website. However, the platform requires significant technical skill to use effectively and can be overwhelming to many users. Shopify offers a simple, streamlined, easy-to-use solution to help you manage your online store. The platform provides a multitude of tools to make key functions like shipment tracking and inventory management as easy as clicking a button.
Why Shopify over WooCommerce?
- User-Friendly Interface. Operate your online store with minimal hassle through an interface designed for usability.
- Greater Reliability. Shopify’s standardized yet robust set of eCommerce features provides a predictable and reliable experience you can count on to support your business.
- Greater Customization. Build a storefront that looks and functions exactly as you need it to without relying on a multitude of plugins and custom code.
Moving from Squarespace
Originally designed to build content-based websites, Squarespace now offers users the ability to create online storefronts as well. However, its eCommerce functionality is not as robust as that of other platforms designed with selling in mind. Shopify offers significantly better access to third-party apps and tools to make your shop management tasks easier as you scale up your business.
Why Shopify over Squarespace?
- Ease of Use. Create and alter your online storefront using Shopify’s simple yet powerful toolset.
- Greater Flexibility. Acquire additional functions and aesthetic options using the vast selection of third-party apps that are compatible with Shopify.
- Better Branding. Make your eCommerce business feel unique by customizing the look and feel of your brand.
Work With the Experienced Shopify Developers at WSI Comandix
If you are ready to move your store over to the leading eCommerce platform in Canada, WSI Comandix’s Shopify experts are ready to start the job. As fully certified Shopify partners, we have helped many businesses transition their online storefronts to Shopify in Toronto. Contact us today for more details on our Shopify services, including design services to build a custom storefront that perfectly matches your branding and goals.
Don't stop the learning now!
Here are some other blog posts you may be interested in.VIEW ALL BLOG POSTS
In our most recent webinar, we dove deep into eCommerce. Our presenter, WSI Consultant John Leech from Ireland, explained…READ MORE
Are you struggling to launch your online store or having trouble getting it to perform as you want it to? You might benefit from working with the …READ MORE