How Distribution Centers Can Leverage Digital Marketing
Operating largely within the B2B sales model, manufacturing and distribution businesses must approach their marketing needs differently than the average consumer company. Brochures, catalogues, and trade shows were once some of the most important promotional tools in this sector.
Now, times have changed. Product listings and demonstrations are still useful, but most distributors host these materials online instead of delivering them in person. This practice is part of digital marketing, a new method of promotion that allows you to reach audiences all around the world while lowering your overall marketing costs.
Working with digital marketing experts is the best way to advertise your manufacturing and distribution company online. WSI Comandix is here to help you navigate the complex world of modern online marketing.
Crafting a Data-Driven Digital Marketing Strategy
The best digital marketing strategies draw on concrete data to shape their goals, channels, framework, and other considerations. You should have two primary goals for your data analysis:
- Know Your Customers. You can use the information generated by digital marketing initiatives to develop a more thorough understanding of your customer base. This includes characteristics such as age, gender, browsing habits, and motivating factors that may be driving their decisions.
- Know Your Competitors. Knowing what your competitors are doing is equally important to successful digital marketing. Analyzing strategies that have worked for similar companies allows you to identify the key components that drive their success and replicate these factors in your own marketing efforts.
Best Marketing Strategies for Distributors
There are many ways to approach digital marketing. Most strategies involve several services working together toward a larger goal. Some of our expert digital marketing services for distributors include:
- Website Design. Showcase your business’ products and professionalism with an attractive optimized website. Establish a central point from which to build your business web presence.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Improve the visibility of your business website by boosting its prominence in searches for relevant high-value keywords. Attract traffic from qualified leads with high purchase intent who are interested in similar products.
- Paid Advertising (PPC Ads). Drive short-term traffic with targeted ads created to promote your products to interested users. Create an early boost in visibility while other strategies mature.
- Email Marketing. Convert and retain leads using carefully crafted email messages providing new product offers, exclusive discounts, and other valuable information.
- Content Marketing. Foster interest and trust in your products by demonstrating what they look like, how they work, and why customers might be interested in them. Increase traffic to your website with quality content that answers the big questions on your customers’ minds.
- Social Media and Influencer Marketing. Harness the power of social proof by promoting your products through popular social channels. Demonstrate their quality and utility with demonstrations from notable people in your industry.
Benefits of Digital Marketing for Distributors
Why invest in digital marketing for your distribution business? If you do, you will be able to:
- Use Digital Marketing as an Engine for Growth. Distribution is a capital-intensive industry that relies on an ever-expanding customer base to justify further investment. Digital marketing drives the growth that fuels expansions, allowing you to feel confident when forging ahead with significant business decisions.
- Achieve Better Marketing and Sales Alignment. Marketing is most effective when it targets the types of customers who are actually buying your products. Digital marketing allows you to collect extensive amounts of data on your customers, giving you unparalleled insight into your audience’s real traits.
- Reach Diverse Audiences. Digital marketing allows you to maximize the exposure of your high-quality products, reaching audiences that might never have known about them if they were only advertised through conventional means.
- Display Your Products. Demonstrating the quality and value of your products is key to securing long-term business relationships with retailers. Show off your high-quality products with images and content that makes their value clear and gives retailers a reason to want to invest in them.
- Build Customer Loyalty. Retaining customers who have already purchased from you is always easier than acquiring new ones. Digital marketing allows you to deepen your relationships with your customer base by keeping in constant contact with them through email marketing, social media activity, and other channels.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Goal of Digital Marketing for Distributors?
Digital marketing for distributors helps you build an online presence for your business. This presence can help you attract qualified leads, convert those leads into new customers, and retain the customers who have already purchased from you.
What Are Some Good Digital Marketing Strategies for Distributors?
Distributors may need a variety of different digital marketing services depending on their goals. We recommend that most begin with website design to get an attractive optimized website up and running. Once this is done, we typically advise moving on to SEO activities to boost search ranks. Social media marketing and email marketing are both also useful for communicating directly with leads and customers.
Paid advertisements can also be used to generate some quick visibility, but are generally not sufficient to fulfill all of a distributor’s marketing needs on their own.
How Can I Market My Distributor Business Online?
To effectively market your distributor business online, you will need to start with proven strategies and slowly refine your approach based on the data your efforts generate. It will take time, effort, and an expert eye to identify the best opportunities for your business based on ongoing performance indicators.
Investing in website design services is an important first step. A quality website is a must-have for digital marketing success. Then, you can begin using SEO and PPC tactics to boost traffic to your site. With time and an expert eye to help you, you will discover how best to use these tactics to attract the leads you want.